The lack of Blogging... a life update.

As you may of noticed, I haven't posted here in almost a month.
I generally have been posting less.
I have lots of great ideas of things to write about (well, things I think are great)
...yet for some reason I don't sit down at my laptop and actually write.

So what has been happening in my life off the internet?



We bought a house in early June.
An older house, in a town I told my husband that I had no interest in living in and then I saw this house and fell in love with it. The whole process was incredibly frustrating and there are some major things currently wrong with our house. However, there are some silver linings: the porch swing is perfect, M has his own room with space to run, there is a studio space and we have real furniture. One day we'll finally have our home all put together properly and we'll have people over...we promise.

We celebrated another year married.
My husband is honestly one of the most patient people I know. I should thank him everyday for putting up with me and telling me "everything is going to be okay." We naturally celebrated with guacamole from our favorite Mexican Restaurant and being the lovely wife I am, I bought him gummie bears...which ended up melting in my car. Jason naturally told me, "I bought you a house for our Anniversary." Thanks hubs. ;)

M turns 18 months this week.
Toddler life is absolutely intense. He's been biting and he doesn't like to sleep like a normal little human. He climbs everything, dances everywhere and likes running in the bathroom if the door is open and turning on the hot water faucet. His giggle is incredibly contagious and makes me smile. M has quite the vocabulary, he likes to "woof" at people to greet them and his new favorite phrase this week so far has been, "Thank you! Bye bye! Bye bye!" along with a wave.

I have been drawing again for myself.
I have been inspired by journaling and sketchbook groups I have found online and I'm just drawing finally. It took a long time for me to get to this point again. It is starting to be a way for me to release stress again. I keep a sketchbook, a pencil and a small travel watercolor palette I made in my bag where ever I go lately. Sometimes I even draw in my car.

I am working on being able to breathe better.
I have had horrible allergies for the past 14-15 years. I have 10-15 sinus infections a year. I'm in the process of finally working with a great doctor on how to fix this issue because my sinus pain has really become unbearable. I'm hopeful for the first time in a long time about not saying "my face hurts," every morning when I wake up.

What have you been up to lately?
I'm off to check up on some of my favorite blogs, Have a great rest of the weekend!



Comments