You Need a Slim Jim



Sunday mornings are my "me time." Well, at least for the part of the morning where I run our errands.
Grocery shopping, Getting gas in my Car, buying knick nacks and supplies for my classroom are the norm.

This morning I set out to get coffee, buy more ink for my printer, get groceries and head to the dollar store.

The dollar store sucks me in EVERY TIME.
...Kind of like Target but worse.

The following thoughts run through my head:
"I totally could use more foam stickers!"
"Let's get five, it's only a dollar a piece!"
"The kids will love these! Let's buy it for my prize box."
"Buy two, in case you run out!"
"I'll definitely find a use for this!"
"...But I need it."
"This is just adorable!"

Yikes!

So after my cart full of stuff because I just had to buy the Star Wars Wrapping Paper, Christmas Pencils, Holiday Socks and the things I actually came for... I was approached by a boy (probably age 5) standing in line with his Mother...

Kid: *Holding up a Slim Jim* "Do you need any Slim Jims?"
Me: "No, I don't think so."
His Mother: *calling his name* "Not everyone likes Slim Jims."
Kid: "That's it!" *pause* "You probably already have enough at home already!"
His Mother: "Not everyone is like you and your Father! She probably doesn't like them."
Me: "I don't have any Slim Jims at home, i'm not really a fan."
Kid: "They're nice and spicy!" *Tries to hand me the package with the Slim Jim and Cheese Stick*
His Mother: "Put it down please *name*, not everyone needs Slim Jims."

I don't need Slim Jims, but apparently I needed all this other miscellaneous stuff because it was only a dollar.

What did I go to the dollar store for? Ribbon, Gift stickers and wrapping paper.
Hope my Secret Santa loves her gifts.

I'd buy her a Slim Jim, but I don't think she needs any. :)

Knock on Wood


Comments