Conversations with Four Year Olds

If you're new to my blog, I teach Pre-K and I love writing down some of the funny/strange/fun stuff my students say.
Welcome to another addition of Conversations with Four Year Olds...


(Introducing Mr. Jones to the blog)

X: "Ms. Jenn, do fish swim like this?" *motions arms*
Me: "Sea turtles swim like that."
X: "Do you have a fish?"
Me: "Yes, his name is Mr. Jones."
*numerous giggles and children saying "Mr. Jones?!!?" over and over again*
X: "Are you sure his name isn't Mr. Jonesy Wonsey Tonesy Bonesy Conesy?"
Me: "Pretty sure, but maybe I should call him that. Do you think he would like it?"
X: "YEAHHHHHH! But why do you call him Mr. Jones?"
Me: "Because he's regal, like royalty...he needs the mister."
X: "Ohhhhh! That makes sense."

X: "Ms. Jenn, did you know you eat the same Ranch that I eat with my carrots?"
Me: "Yes, except I eat the light kind with less calories."
X: "Oh yeah, I eat the dark kind of Ranch Dressing."



There is never a dull moment.

The Grits Blog


Comments