My Shoulder to Lean On


Excuse us, those are just our mean muggin' faces.

In honor of Valentine's Day, this post is dedicated to my loving husband Jason.
...My best friend and my shoulder to lean on.

I planned to write this post sooner and had numerous ideas flowing through my head about what I would write but let's face it, I'm easily distracted and having too much fun spending time with Miles.

So far this morning started off being super productive with our little one and when I told Jason "Happy Valentine's Day," he responded: "Happy Valentine's Day! I love you. If I had lots of money, I would buy you lots of diamonds!"

I picked the right one for me.



As he's indulging on his breakfast of Coke Zero and Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs Cereal next to me, I can't help but think of all the special moments we've had so far in our relationship. Our love works because we do many small things to show each other affection.





Off the top of my head, here are some of things that have been done (and/or said) recently that shows how much he loves me.

1.


I had a very emotional Labor and Delivery experience with Miles. Jason was by my side the entire time (along with my amazing Mother). Jason held my hand when the worst happened...The doctor came back in to tell me "The baby won't make it." What she should of said is "You're baby needs the c-section now" but clearly her choice of words were off. I started crying hysterically and shaking... Jason said "He's okay, I promise. I love you and he's okay. You'll be okay." He held my hand through the first part of the c-section and kissed my forehead several times. When Miles was out, I heard a nurse say "Do you want to see your baby?" and Jason yelled "He's so cute, we made a cute kid babe!"

He helped me through the scariest moment I've ever had in my life and stayed strong for both of us. If that's not love then I don't know what it is.

Sorry if reading that just made you incredibly emotional, I totally cried writing it because I'm turning into a big 'ol ball of emotions lately.


(This picture just makes me so happy, every time I see it. It was the epitome of him cheering me up at the time).

2.


Not only has he taken the most amazing care of our son but he's taken such sweet care of me. To be honest, I haven't been able to move around much since Mile's birth because of the incision. Jason has assisted me all hours of the day or night, whatever I have needed, he gets. He's been keeping track of Mile's feedings, my medicine, the laundry, the cooking, running errands, diaper changes, helping me get out of bed and so many other things. He's done all of these things with a smile on his face.



3.


He makes me laugh all the time. Jason dislikes a lot of reality tv shows yet he tolerates them enough to watch them with me. His pokes fun at them, which causes me to laugh so hard...it hurts my incision from the c-section. I am seriously laughing and going "stopppppp babe! It hurts," while still laughing away. Jason is helping me heal and relax. He'll do anything to bring a smile to my face.



This post ended up completely different than I originally envisioned.
I think I'll stop writing for now before I fall into a big pile of mush.



Jason, I love you. Thanks for being you, Valentine.



I'm off to spend Valentine's Day with my two Valentines.

If you're looking for some Valentine's Day reading or are just curious about Online Dating, I have a post up on Areeba's blog, I Have A Messy Bun, here: Tales of Online Dating: Don't Give Up

Happy Valentine's Day and much love to you all! xo




Why We Work Link-Up, Link up here!

Comments

Kendwy Valdez said…
Who loves your posts?! This girl! :)
Haha! I totally cried during the delivery explanation there. So glad your baby is ok!
Great men rock! Happy you have one of those.
I remember those first post partum days. I used to cry so much! It's so normal. It'll get better soon.
I laughed when I read the part about reality tv. My husband does the same! It's quite funny.
Happy alentines Day!
That Miles is a cutie :)