An Easy Dinner: Homemade Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli and Breaded Haddock Recipes



That time I blogged about what I just ate for dinner in my home...

This meal was just really satisfying and fulfilling so I felt the need to share.

Fish: Seasoned and Breaded Haddock.

To make:
1. Slightly thaw Frozen Haddock Fillets. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the fish fillets on a glass baking dish that has been lined with foil.
3. Melt in the microwave about 2 1/2 to 3 Tablespoons of low fat margarine (I used smart balance).
4. Drizzle fillets with margarine. Use a spoon to sift a thin layer of Italian Breadcrumbs on top.
5. Next, season with Basil and Parmesan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes in your 400 degree oven.

Homemade Mashed Potatoes.

To make:
1. I used Russett Potatoes, about 3 pounds worth. First, I washed and peeled/cut the potatoes skin off.
2. Slice the potatoes in half and place in large cooking pot. Fill with water to about two thirds of the pot.
3. Boil on medium heat for one hour to an hour and a half depending on how large your potatoes are.
4. Drain water, mash your potatoes in your large cooking pot add 1/2- 1 cup of skim milk and 2-3 tablespoons of margarine.
Add salt and pepper if desired.

Steamed Broccoli.

1. Add Frozen Broccoli to microwave safe dish with a tablespoon of water.
2. Cook 5-7 minutes depending on your desired tenderness.

Super easy healthy dinner and I didn't even add any salt to mine. ;)

Comments